MOM BOSS MONDAY
Happy Monday all! I had to take a little blog break so I wouldn’t miss out on my baby boy. He has definitely been keeping me super busy and I am learning how to live without sleep! I’m breastfeeding my bub exclusively and am always on the lookout for nursing wear that isn’t lame. Honestly, Figure 8 Maternity has some of the best options out there. They carry the cutest range and the quality of their pieces are legit. You can even find items for your little bub, if you haven’t yet, you should definitely check them out. Not only do they have great products but the owners Stephanie and Ying are the sweetest! These 2 have been friends or over 20 years! These Mom Bosses have been kind enough to share their story about how Figure 8 Maternity started. Give them some love and check out their links below.
This week’s Mom Boss is actually a duo, Stephanie and Ying. Here is an excerpt from Figure 8 Maternity.
Figure 8 was founded in 2005 by Ying and her husband, Min, after discovering there was a need for stylish maternity and nursing clothing and accessories for Moms-to-Be that was easily accessible and provided the best customer service. Stephanie, Ying’s long time family friend and neighbor, joined the couple in 2009, and learned as much as she could about being a mother, before actually becoming one. She is still trying to figure it all out. Inspired by our own pregnancy and breastfeeding journeys, Figure 8 revolves around this fashion sense- Feel Good, Look Good. Our collection is inspired by our own experiences as moms and while we look to top designers around the world, we’re also incredibly selective. We try on every piece of clothing to make sure it looks, feels and “works” properly. We’re all about bringing you the uncompromising style, quality, comfort and service you crave.
- Mom of Two: Andrew 4 (nursed for 13 months), Ce-Ce 19 months (nursed for 15 months)
- Grew up in NJ across the street from Ying and now lives in CT.
- Favorite Time of Day: Snuggled in Bed reading books together.
- How do I get it done…I don’t, the lists keeps growing : ).
- Tip: Let your family and friends help you.
- Favorite Product: Dote Giselle Elastic Waist Nursing Dress. I was tired of wearing maternity dresses and loved that this dress was so easy to nurse in and so discreet. I wore it with my first and even more with my daughter. I was able to nurse Ce-Ce anywhere and still was able to take Andrew to all of his activities and no one knew what I was doing. https://www.figure8maternity.com/item/1474401
- Mom of Two: Kaelin 9 (nursed for 2 yrs), Justin 5 (nursed for 3+yrs!)
- Grew up in NJ across the street from Stephanie, and now lives in Singapore.
- Favorite Time of Day: Anytime it’s quiet.
- I love what I do and the best part is that I get to work with friends and family.
- Tip: They are little for just a season. You gain many moments when you don’t lose sight of that.
- Favorite product: Baju Mama Audrey Boatneck Nursing Top. Simple, chic and absolutely comfortable – this is the reliable favorite that keeps up with all my daily demands. I remember walking around the supermarket somehow navigating the cart and nursing Justin at once, and nobody had a clue! Here is a link to all the color options: https://www.figure8maternity.com/product/15101
Check out Figure 8 Maternity’s Social Media and Website